1. What is a complaint?
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction with our service, no matter how expressed and whether justified or not, that requires a response or further action on the part of King's FM.
2. Our Commitment
We are committed to listening to our customers’ comments and complaints regarding our services and facilities, with the aim of resolving any issues, as well as improving the quality of our service.
We will show this commitment by ensuring our complaints process is:
- Easy to access and understand, clear and simple to use
- Prompt, with established time limits for action, and keeping people informed of progress, especially when investigations take longer than expected
- Fair, with an opportunity for a full and impartial investigation
- Informative, by using lessons learnt from complaints to improve services and by reviewing the results of such changes.
When we respond to complaints, customers can expect us to:
- Take their concerns seriously
- Provide the name of the member of staff responsible for dealing with the complaint at each stage of the procedure
- Deal with their complaint promptly
- Avoid jargon
- Be flexible in the way that we communicate with our customers
- Provide reasons for the decision reached on a complaint
- Explain the next steps available if the customer is still dissatisfied and provide contact details (address, telephone and email) including those of the Managing Director, if required
Our complaints process will be:
- Frank, open and impartial, avoiding any bias in favour of any party
- Thorough, establishing the relevant facts, taking views from people involved on both sides of the complaint and verifying explanations where possible
- Non-discriminatory - those who make a complaint can be assured that they will not be subjected to discrimination or retaliation as a result of complaining
3. Who does this policy apply to?
The policy applies to all those we serve or have dealings with, whether visiting, writing, emailing, or telephoning. These include members of the public, commercial organisations and government bodies. It also applies to contractors, suppliers and any other individual or organisation that has business with King's FM.
4. How can our customers comment or complain?
We welcome views on our service and will respond to comments and complaints, however presented, whether in person, in writing, by telephone, email or post. If you are unhappy with the service you have received, it is important to let us know so that we can ensure it is dealt with correctly and allow us to improve out services going forward.
We provide the opportunity to our customers to provide feedback on our services at any point during our interaction with them by providing our contact details via the various channels listed
Where staff, suppliers or customers are unhappy with or wish to provide feedback about any of the services offered, they can contact us in the following ways:
Call our Customer Service Desk (0203 299 7878)
Email our Customer Service Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Our Complaint handling procedure
Our aim is to resolve complaints as soon as we are aware of them, and will be dealt with by a Manager responsible for the area in question. They will also ensure that our Head of Governance is kept fully informed for recording and monitoring purposes.
KFM Complaints Handling Process
First, contact the King's FM team using one of the options above. Following that;
- There will be an initial response within 1 working day
- The department Investigates and responds with resolution within 15 working days
- Should the complainant be unsatisfied, the complaint will be escalated to the King’s FM Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance
- The complainant reserves the right to escalate to National Trading Standards, where appropriate to do so
The initial response (which will be within 1 working day from receiving the complaint) will give you details of:
- Who is dealing with your complaint
- Their contact details
- How they will be investigating the complaint
The Complaints Handler will then contact you directly and whilst investigating the complaint they will:
- Keep you informed of progress
- Offer you the opportunity to discuss the complaint in person/over the telephone
- Provide feedback on their investigation
- Respond to you with their findings within 15 working days from the date raised
If, after this investigation you are unhappy with the outcome, you may escalate this to the King’s FM Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance for review.
We welcome any comments on the fairness and efficiency of the complaints procedures and the effectiveness of our replies to complaints. Sometimes we will use surveys to do this. We will take account of all feedback in annual reviews of our procedures.
We aim to maintain constant communication to close the complaint. Subsequent to 2 attempts of writing to the complainant, if we have not had a response for 10 working days, we will deem the complaint to be resolved.
We respect the need for confidentiality when a complaint is made, both for the complainant and for members of staff who have a complaint made against them. We aim to investigate complaints with sensitivity, preserve confidentiality, and to share information only when it is a necessary part of the investigation.
When storing and sharing customer data, we will act at all times in accordance with our Data Protection policy.
8. Staff Awareness
We will ensure our staff understand our complaints procedure and reinforce the value of comments and complaints, and the importance of dealing with them in a responsive and professional manner.